- BS in Speech/Language Pathology- Loyola University, Baltimore, 1990
- MS in Speech/Language Pathology- Syracuse University, 1991
- Early Intervention Evaluation and Treatment
- Special focus in feeding skills, children with hearing loss, and medically fragile children with multiple diagnoses.
- NYS Permanent Certification as Teacher of the Speech and Hearing Handicapped
- NYS Licensed Speech/Language Pathologist
- ACE Award: Past 6 years for Excellence in CEUs
- ASHA Award: Obtaining more than 30 hours Continuing Education in the field in a 3 year period
- School of Education Prize, 1991, for master's thesis entitled "Phonological Awareness Skills in Children with Articulation Difficulties"
Melissa Kuersteiner has been working with young children with speech, language, and feeding issues since 1992. She has been a provider and supervisor at Hear 2 Learn since 2010. She currently provides direct therapy and evaluations as an itinerant therapist, while supporting the agency as Assistant Director of Early Intervention Programs. Melissa lives in North Syracuse with her husband and three children, 2 daughters and a son. Outside of work Melissa enjoys reading, singing, and doing crafts with her children along with doing home renovation projects.