Hear 2 Learn is proud to announce the Listening Ears at Play (LEAP) Program, providing group developmental support for toddlers with hearing loss from a multi-county region.
- Our community-based LEAP program takes place at World of Wonder Childcare in Camillus, NY.
- The Listening Ears at Play program is part of your child's Early Intervention services.
- Our Toddler program focuses on a developmentally appropriate, literacy and language based setting with motor and sensory activities embedded into the daily routine.
We are so excited for your child to come listen, learn, and play with us!
Who Can Join LEAP?
- Your child must be at least 18 months old to begin and may continue until they transition into Preschool OR until their 3rd birthday.
- For a child with hearing loss, LEAP is the perfect program; offering individualized communication modes to fit the needs of your child’s communication competence.
- If your child has a developmental delay, LEAP is the perfect program for them and your family!
What To Expect
- A warm, developmentally appropriate and engaging environment.
- Teachers trained in supporting children with hearing loss.
- Healthy snack provided daily.
- Partial integration with typically developing peers.
- Additional IFSP services provided on site (speech, physical, and occupational therapy) as appropriate.
- Children are strongly encouraged to wear listening equipment which will be checked daily by trained staff.
- Busing available.
For more Information on our LEAP Program